Maine Dentistry provides restorative dentistry in Auburn, Gray, and Portland, Maine. To learn more about our restorative procedures, contact us to schedule an appointment.
What Is Restorative Dentistry?
Restorative dentistry is a collection of procedures that restore the health of your teeth. You can think of it like repairs for your teeth. Whether you have a cavity, a significant amount of decay, a cracked or chipped tooth, or even missing or unsalvageable teeth, restorative dentistry can repair or replace your teeth.
Benefits of Restorative Dentistry
Restorative dentistry provides a myriad of benefits for your dental health, such as:
- Improved dental health. Restorative procedures can improve the health of your teeth, making them more resistant to further damage. Having healthy teeth also prevents oral health issues like gum disease.
- Confident smile. By repairing or replacing damaged teeth you can have a better-looking smile that will help you feel more confident in your appearance.
- Keep your existing teeth in many cases. Restorative procedures like cavity fillings and crowns can help to preserve your existing teeth and avoid replacing them.
- Avoid gaps and shifting teeth. By keeping your existing teeth in place or replacing missing teeth you eliminate gaps in your teeth that could cause other teeth to shift out of place.
Our restorative procedures include:
- Fillings. We fill cavities with composite material that is made to match your existing tooth color.
- Bonding. When a tooth has a small chip or piece missing, the tooth can be reshaped with composite bonding.
- Crowns. A tooth that has a lot of damage and there isn’t enough enamel left, a crown can be placed over the top to preserve the root and what’s left of the tooth.
- Bridges. A dental bridge can replace one or more teeth in a row. It consists of crowns that fit over the healthy teeth with one or more artificial teeth suspended between them.
- Dental implants. A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that is surgically placed in the jaw bone. It can replace a single missing tooth or multiple implants can support bridges or dentures.
Why Choose Maine Dentistry?
Maine Dentistry provides the same restorative procedures that other dental practices do, but our practice is different. We make it our mission to change the way you feel about going to the dentist (unless you already love it, and if so, you must already be a patient of ours). Your comfort is our top priority and the rest comes second. We want you to have excellent dental and oral health to the point that it improves your overall health and wellness.
Our teeth go through a lot, and sometimes fixes are necessary. Restorative dentistry can help to restore damaged, chipped, or missing teeth so you can be confident in your smile.