Most dental insurance plans don’t cover cosmetic procedures unless they are needed for a health reason. Financing is available to make cosmetic dentistry more affordable, such as CareCredit which includes low rates and no-interest promotions.
Maine Dentistry provides cosmetic dentistry services in Auburn, Gray, and Portland, Maine. Contact us today to schedule your consultation.
What Is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry refers to any procedure that improves the appearance of your teeth. It has more to do with improving your smile than it does with restoring your dental health, although sometimes an improvement in your dental health is a bonus. Whether you want whiter teeth, straighter teeth, or to correct some other imperfection in your teeth, cosmetic dentistry procedures and treatments are designed to enhance your smile.
Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
There are many potential benefits of cosmetic dentistry:
- Gain confidence. When you choose to make improvements to your smile through cosmetic dentistry, you gain confidence you’ve never had before or regain the confidence you once had. You can smile proudly in pictures or when you meet someone new.
- Career opportunities. If you have career goals with physical requirements, such as modeling or acting, cosmetic dentistry can help you reach your goals. Even in jobs where physical appearance is not as important, a confident smile may help you advance your career.
- Non-invasive. Many cosmetic dentistry procedures are non-invasive. In many cases, you won’t have to spend time recovering from your treatment.
- Fast results. Many cosmetic procedures provide fast and even immediate results. You can have a new and improved smile sooner than you thought possible.
Maine dentistry offers the following cosmetic procedures and treatments:
- Natural teeth whitening. Our in-office teeth whitening treatment will give you a dramatically whiter smile within an hour. Results are noticeable but natural so your smile looks brighter without looking fake.
- Veneers. Porcelain veneers cover the front side of your teeth to improve your smile. Veneers can hide stains, chips, gaps, and non-uniformity.
- Same day crowns. We provide same day crowns so you can restore your smile in just one appointment. A crown covers an existing tooth, providing protection for the root of the tooth and improving its appearance.
- Bridges. A dental bridge is a row of artificial teeth that can replace missing or severely damaged adjacent teeth.
Why Choose Maine Dentistry?
At Maine Dentistry we not only address the health of your teeth but the appearance of your teeth as well. We believe that a healthy smile should also be a beautiful smile and that the process to achieve it should be stress-free. Think of us as less of a dental office, and more of a spa for your teeth.
Modern cosmetic dentistry has advanced to the point where virtually all dental problems can be greatly improved, if not completely fixed, with a variety of procedures. If you’ve ever been embarrassed or self-conscious about the appearance of your smile, cosmetic dentistry can make a lasting impact on your life.
Learn more about cosmetic dentistry.
A one-time in-office teeth whitening treatment can last anywhere from 1 to 3 years. Results can last longer with at-home touch-ups in between professional treatments. Avoiding teeth-staining foods and beverages can help prolong your results.
Many cosmetic procedures are completely non-invasive, like teeth whitening, which means there is no pain or anesthesia needed. When it comes to procedures like veneers, crowns, and bridges, the area of your mouth being treated will be numbed so that you are completely comfortable during your procedure. If any mild discomfort occurs following your treatment, over-the-counter pain medication should make it manageable.
To be a good candidate for cosmetic dentistry, it helps to have teeth that are mostly healthy, but just imperfect. However, if you do have some dental health issues, those can be addressed and corrected before or in addition to cosmetic procedures. Some procedures serve both dental health and cosmetic purposes at once.
To find out if you are an ideal candidate for cosmetic dentistry or to schedule a consultation, contact us today at your most convenient location.