Maine Dentistry can handle the vast majority of your dental needs. However, if a situation arises where you need specialized care beyond what we are able to provide, we will refer you to the most highly qualified professional we know.
Maine Dentistry provides general dentistry services for families in Auburn, Gray, and Portland, Maine. Contact us to schedule an appointment at one of our 3 convenient locations.
What Is General Dentistry?
General dentistry refers to a wide range of services that dental practices typically provide. It ranges from routine dental cleanings to cavity fillings and much more. The ultimate goal of dentistry is to help you keep your permanent teeth in place for your lifetime. This is not always possible, as teeth are prone to decay as well as wear down over time. General dentistry includes maintenance as well as restoration of your teeth.
Benefits of General Dentistry
The main benefits of general dentistry services are as follows:
- Prevent decay. Routine dental cleanings help to remove plaque from your teeth and prevent cavities from forming.
- Repair damaged teeth. When cavities do form, fillings can repair the damage and restore the tooth to full function.
- Maintain your oral health. Healthy teeth are part of a healthy mouth. Keeping the teeth free of plaque can help to prevent gum disease.
- Screen for oral health concerns. Routine oral exams include screenings for oral cancer. When detected early, oral cancer has a high survival rate.
Some examples of the general dentistry services we offer:
- Dental cleanings. We provide regular dental cleanings, usually recommended every 6 months, to remove plaque that builds upon the teeth over time.
- Oral exams and screenings. In combination with your routine dental cleanings, we perform a thorough oral examination and screening to ensure there are no concerns.
- X-Rays. Regular X-Rays can make it easier to detect cavities and any potential problems below the gum line.
- Fillings. Cavities are one of the most common dental issues that occur. We provide composite cavity fillings that match your existing tooth color.
- Extractions. When a tooth is too damaged or decayed to be restored, it may need to be extracted. We can provide both extraction and tooth replacement options.
Why Choose Maine Dentistry?
You could get general dentistry services anywhere. But Maine Dentistry is different. Our number one goal is to distinguish ourselves from every other dental practice in the best possible way. We make you feel comfortable and at home. We will never judge your dental hygiene habits or tell you what not to eat or drink. We simply take care of you and your teeth. Dr. Lawlor and the rest of the dental team are highly qualified professionals you can trust to provide you with the best dental care.
Taking proper care of your smile is important for long-term oral health. No matter your mouth’s condition, a healthier more vibrant smile can be yours by starting a routine maintenance plan.
Learn more about general dentistry.
Dental insurance typically covers either all or a portion of general dentistry services, but it depends on your provider and plan. Contact your dental insurance provider with any questions about your coverage. We accept most major insurance plans and a variety of payment methods, including CareCredit.
It is understood throughout the dental community that the best frequency for routine dental cleanings and exams is every 6 months. In specific circumstances, we may recommend that you come to see us more often to have your dental needs met effectively.
We are a family dental practice, which means we provide comprehensive dental services for children as well as adults. Children should have their first dental visit by their first birthday or within 6 months of the appearance of their first tooth.
To schedule an appointment today, contact us at the Maine Dentistry office that is most convenient for you.